State Flag: California
California

Favorite Car: 1990 300ZX TT
$lang[memberisoff]

Mood: Always Confused

flag_rsvd.gif posted on 3/17/2008 at 11:54
2008 Performance Nissan Meet

[Admin - E-mail copied from 300zxclub.com by TwinTurboPoweredZ (Eddie)]

Well it's that time of year again, we here at Performance NISSAN of Duarte have partnered up with the world renown tuning company HKS USA to bring all of you an event at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino. We are going to make it RAIN with thousands of dollars in raffle prize giveaways! The spectator area will be designated to each forum group so 300zxclub.com members will have your own section. Spot fee is $10 per car which will grant you entrance into the event. We will also be holding a auto-cross event at the same time which will be a $50 registration fee. This fee will cover helmet rentals which will be provided by Simpson's as well as entrance into the event. The auto-cross portion of the event will be facilitated by none other than Drift Association. On the speedway, drifting demo's will be brought to you by the people of Formula Drift. FD will have a booth with NISSAN drift cars from the series to perform drift demo's through out the day. There is a long laundry list of vendors that will have booths for all you guys to approach and talk to about anything you are inquiring. Our official media partner for the event is Super Street Magazine. Super Street Magazine will be covering the event exclusively and will be featuring an article about the event so a lot of cars are bound to get some love.

To register for the event, please email the following requested information to parts@perfnissan.com and state in the subject title, "Performance NISSAN Meet 2008 Presented by HKS USA".

Content Example
Full Name: Eddie Takahashi
Forum Affiliation: 300zxclub.com
Forum Handle: Eddie@performance
Vehicle Color: black
Auto-Cross: Yes
E-Mail: eddiet@perfnissan.com
Phone #: 626.739.1968

Payment transaction will be done at the door so please have cash on hand. Auto-cross registration may require additional information which will be sent to driver's. Please advise that ALL cars will be searched by security for alcohol, drugs, and weapons so the check-in process may take longer than expected. Please respect us, the venue, the vendors etc by not performing any illegal driving stunts or burn-outs. This is why we have the auto-cross setup.

689 South "E" Street, San Bernardino, CA 92408

Date/Time:
April 5th, 2008 / 10AM - 6PM

Presenting Sponsor: HKS

Display Vehicles: GT Supercharged G35, GT Supercharged 350Z
Demo Vehicle: GT-RS Twin Turbo 350Z driven by Daijiro Yoshihara (ilovedaijiro.com)

HKS USA has expressed their generosity by giving us the GRAND prizes for the raffles as well as giving HKS goodie bags to to the first 100 cars that attend the event. The HKS goodie bag will contain an HKS license plate frame, T-Shirt, lanyard, bottled water, and sticker! DO NOT MISS OUT AND SHOW UP EARLY!
----------------End of copied e-mail----------------------------

Link to Thread

:wizard:
Jerry

If you care about such things. . . My....
| Web-2 | Web-3 | 90-300ZXTT | 90-300ZX2+2 |
http://www.empirez.com/forum/images/sigjmallard.jpg
Visit user's homepage
$lang[memberisoff]
Super Administratorjmallard
[Admin]

California

$lang[memberisoff]

[*] posted on 3/17/2008 at 11:55

I just registered :yelclap:

Anyone interested in forming a caravan from Denny's.

Jerry
Visit user's homepage
$lang[memberisoff]
Super Administratorjmallard
[Admin]

California

$lang[memberisoff]

[*] posted on 4/7/2008 at 19:00

Quote:
Please advise that ALL cars will be searched by security for alcohol, drugs, and weapons so the check-in process may take longer than expected.

I drove down to attend this car show. After waiting in line a few minutes, Staff members were walking around and announcing on portable speakers that entrants were not allowed to bring in any soft drinks, including water (except for a single bottle). :lame:

This fact was not indicated on the flyer that was posted nor the information I copied above. I brought a few soft drinks and a couple bottles of water to be consumed by myself. Now, you either had to just throw your soft drinks and water into the trash or set it by the fence and hope it was there when you came out. They did not have any provisions to hold your items until you came out.

That really SUCKS

Now they said it was in the name of "Security". What the hell does security have to do with soft drinks and bottled water ?
They just didn't want you bringing in your own beverages so they could sell you a soft drink or water for $3.50 or more.

The longer I sat there, the madder I got. :FIREdevil:

So, I made them make a break in the line so I could leave. I know that I didn't cause any concern by the car show people by leaving and I probably missed a very good car show, it just pissed me off to no end.

If they had made that fact known in advance, I would have no problem with it, but to spring it on you while you're in line to enter the show - BAD NEWS!!

That's my 2 cents on that subject.

Jerry

If you care about such things. . . My....
| Web-2 | Web-3 | 90-300ZXTT | 90-300ZX2+2 |
http://www.empirez.com/forum/images/sigjmallard.jpg
Visit user's homepage

Go To Top

Maintained by:
Jerry Mallard © 2005 to Present