Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
[Total Views: 4733 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 659]
Author: Subject: E-Mail Access Issues
$lang[memberisoff]
MemberAsrial

$lang[memberisoff]

[*] posted on 10/9/2009 at 11:15
E-Mail Access Issues

So my dad is having e-mail issues with the EmpireZ servers (can receive e-mail but can't send e-mail; I suspect this is a Verizon issue as I've encountered this before with my own non-standard e-mail).

Where can I get the info you would give to someone using the @empirez.com e-mail address? (incoming/outgoing, authentication requirements, ssl, etc)
$lang[memberisoff]
Super Administratorjmallard
[Admin]

State Flag: California
California

Favorite Car: 1990 300ZX TT
$lang[memberisoff]

Mood: Always Confused

[*] posted on 10/11/2009 at 14:38

Don't know if this will help or not, but I'm a Verizon customer and here is an e-mail I recently received from them concerning e-mail.

Verizon Online will soon be making changes to our network to further strengthen the security of our customers’ email messages and our network and to help prevent spam.

We have blocked incoming email from Port 25, which is the default port used by email programs to connect to email servers and to send email, for some time now. We are now taking the additional step of blocking outgoing e-mail messages from Port 25 to help ensure that our network is not used by spammers. Depending on whether you use a web-based email service or an email program such as Microsoft Outlook®, you may need to make changes to your computer settings to ensure that your ability to send email is not interrupted.

If you use a web-based Email service (either Verizon.net or a third party email service, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.):

· If you use a web-based email service to send your email, you do not need to do anything as our implementation of Port 25 blocking for outgoing email messages will not affect your ability to send or receive web-based email.

If you use a third party Email service such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL and an Email program such as Microsoft Outlook:

· If you use an email service other than Verizon.net (such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) to send email through a program like Microsoft Outlook, you will need to make the following modification to your computer settings so that your ability to send email will not be affected:

· Change the port number in the “Advanced” section of your email program from Port 25 to Port 587. Detailed instructions on how to change the port settings on your computer can be found at http://www.verizon.net/port25.

· If you’re using an email provider other than Verizon.net (such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) to send email through your email program and you are unable to send email after making the change to Port 587, please contact your email provider for additional information on their recommended port settings.

The above changes are necessary in order to allow you to continue to send email through your email program after October 6, 2009.

Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online

Here is the EmpireZ.com server settings:

The Email Server Names settings are:

* Incoming Mail Server - pop.PrimaryDomain
* Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.PrimaryDomain

where PrimaryDomain is your hosting account primary domain, set in DomainCentral
Example:
o Incoming: pop.FlowersByLisa.info
o Ougoing: smtp.FlowersByLisa.info

where FlowersByLisa.info is your primary domain
(added) or where Empirez.com is your primary domain

The ports are:

* POP: 110
* SMTP: 587

:wizard:
Jerry

If you care about such things. . . My....
| Web-2 | Web-3 | 90-300ZXTT | 90-300ZX2+2 |
http://www.empirez.com/forum/images/sigjmallard.jpg
Visit user's homepage

Go To Top

Maintained by:
Jerry Mallard © 2005 to Present